Sew a timeless waistcoat with the Belvedere Waistcoat pattern! It is the perfect minimalist piece to wear to formal events. This design features a curved back seam and long darts to fit the garment close to the body. It includes a back neckline facing for a high-end professional finish.
The instructions and pattern pieces provide for two approaches:
1. Create a tailored waistcoat complete with welt pockets, a fully canvased front and side seam vents.
2. Sew a quick and easy waistcoat with no pockets and simplified construction techniques.
Both waistcoat projects are great scrap busters since it is easy to mix and match fabrics.
This pattern, as part of the Cityscape Urban Menswear Collection, is an elegant silhouette accented with modern design elements. Sew the garments in this collection to create a polished wardrobe suitable for the professional lifestyle or formal occasions.
You will receive an email with a link to the digital download soon after you place your order.
This PDF pattern includes:
- A detailed instruction booklet containing step-by-step instructions and diagrams
- A Quick Reference Guide featuring 1 page of condensed instructions to refer to when the pattern becomes your tried and true waistcoat.
- A print-at-home PDF pattern on 25 pages. The print at home file is suitable for both Letter and A4 size paper.
- A print shop PDF pattern suitable for 36" wide roll feed printers
- A print shop PDF pattern suitable for A0 paper
Size range: XS - 4XL
Fabric suggestions: Light to medium weight suiting fabrics including wool, linen or blends. You can also experiment with unconventional fabrics such as upholstery fabrics, corduroy, sturdy knit fabrics, canvas or denim. Allow extra fabric if you choose a print that needs matching such as plaids or stripes.